Removing spots and stains is an age-old problem, mainly because depending on where they’re found, they can be an embarrassing eyesore. Over the years, numerous house cleaning products have been developed, all claiming to safely and efficiently solve the problem. Have any of these products worked?
Well, most have been successful in removing some spots but didn’t do as well when it came to stains. Others have successfully removed stains but customers had to deal with residual particles left over after cleaning. Still other products cleaned the spots and stains but they contained chemicals that later proved harmful to the users or their family members.
Table Of Content:
- Types Of Stain/Spots On Which Folex Can Be Used
- What Else Can Folex Carpet Cleaner Be Used On
- How To Use Folex Carpet Cleaner
- Pros And Cons
- Where to Buy
In fact, Folex Stain Remover confidently states that after using their product, users will find that they’ll no longer have a need for any other cleaning product. Also, Folex states their product will do a superb job of removing spots and stains from carpets and other things without causing damage to anything on which it’s used. And this product can be used safely in places like the home and in cars with no harmful after effects on family members or pets.
Apparently, Folex Carpet Spot Remover has become important to many pet owners as they boast about how well it comes in handy when cleaning up pet accidents and messes. And because it’s non-toxic, non-inflammable and odor free, this adds to making it an easy choice for consumers.
Although this product’s initial focus is on carpets, it is stated it can also be used on upholstery, clothing, a variety of rug types, and many other items. The Folex formula claims to quickly loosen spots, stains and dirt so all of it can be easily removed. While there are many cleaners on the market that claim to clean specific types of singular spots and stains (i.e., oil or grass or tar, etc.), Folex Carpet Cleaner claims to clean ALL types of spots and stains. So if this is indeed the case, it seems reasonable to ask why should a person waste time, energy and money searching for and buying a multitude of cleaning products when one product suffices for cleaning most, if not all of the dirt and grime consumers face on a daily basis?
Folex describes its chemical ingredients listing as being a “Water Based Non-Ionic Surfactant”. The term “water based” means the solution includes water. Because of this, Folex advises that when it comes to carpets, this carpet cleaner should NOT be used on anything that can be damaged by water. If a person is unsure about whether or not to use Folex Carpet Stain Remover, they should always test a small hidden area first.
A “surfactant” appears to be a word adopted by the Folex company (unless it’s a common word/term used in the cleaning industry – couldn’t find it in the dictionary) and it’s described as being an emulsifying (blending) agent that breaks up and surrounds the stain. The stain or spot is then easily removed by blotting with a paper towel or dry cloth.
Non-Ionic means the solution doesn’t attract or repel dust and dirt so the soiled area will return to uniformity with the surrounding area and no other stain or spot will return in that area.
A further description of the Folex carpet cleaning solution is that it’s non-flammable (contains no solvents), non-toxic (doesn’t irritate normal skin, doesn’t break down into perilous byproducts and requires no ventilation), odor-free, CFC and petroleum free. This unique formula is supposed to be safe for all kinds of materials; however, Folex also advises that consumers check to make sure that whatever they’re about to clean is color fast or color stable (colors do not run or fade).
Types Of Stain/Spots On Which Folex Can Be Used
Following is a short list of the types of spots/stains, Folex carpet cleaner has been noted to remove:
- household grease;
- sauces, juices, wine;
- pet accidents;
What Else Can Folex Carpet Cleaner Be Used On
As stated earlier, Folex claims not to be just for carpets only but also good for hard surfaces and the following: clothing, draperies, car interiors, walls, woodwork, floors and still more. It appears the claim is their product can work on cleaning just about anything as long as it’s 1) color fast and/or color stable, and 2) it won’t be damaged by water.
How To Use Folex Carpet Cleaner
Below are four types of cleaning jobs explaining how each should be handled.
How much Folex carpet cleaner is sprayed depends on how heavy or deep the stain is so know that you can be generous with the amount sprayed but not to the point of over saturation.
As the stain is released from the carpet fibers (this would be the “surfactant” going to work and it will become noticeable within a few minutes), it can then be blotted out using an absorbent paper towel or clean cloth. A single application should be sufficient but for heavier stains and spots, simply repeat the process.
Since upholstery usually covers furniture, and some may even be attached to the furniture, care must be taken by applying only enough of the solution to dampen the stained or spotted area. Over saturating the area will cause the stain or spot to seep down into the furniture itself. If the upholstery can be removed from the furniture, do so and place it on a flat, clean surface. Underneath the area to be cleaned, place a clean towel or group of paper towels. Apply Folex Upholstery Cleaner and properly mix in with a finger or other smooth-edged item. Proceed with using a clean cloth or paper towel to completely clean the area.
Begin by placing the article of clothing on a piece of clean material (a towel will do) and putting it on top of a flat, clean surface. Apply Folex as explained above and repeat the process if necessary.
When cleaning by putting in a washing machine, mix 1 part Folex to 4 – 6 equal parts WARM water. As a guide, the water should be as soft as possible for the best results. Also, NEVER use HOT water because it can contribute to setting the spot/stain even deeper into the material. If the spot/stain is heavy, pre-treat it with Folex prior to putting it into the machine by applying it and gently smoothing it into the material.
Pros And Cons
We live in an imperfect world so there are always pros and cons to everything; so it is with Folex carpet cleaner. The following begins the list.
- A multi-purpose cleaner that claims to clean all types of dirt, spots and stains on practically any materials.
- Its ingredients contain no harmful chemicals or solvents so it can be safely used around family and pets.
- It’s odor free.
- Many spots/stains can be removed with just one application.
- It leaves no sticky or soapy residue so vacuuming or rinsing is never needed after the area is cleaned.
- The stain resistant chemicals applied to carpets during the manufacturing process is never affected or washed away when using Folex carpet cleaner.
- Works quickly and efficiently on small areas – heavier stains may require a second application.
- If customer is dissatisfied in any way, Folex offers a 100% money back guarantee!
- Since Folex carpet cleaner can only be used on carpets and other materials that proclaim to be color fast and color stable, an extra step of testing should be included is the user isn’t sure if this is the case with the item they’re about to clean.
- It MUST NOT be used on any product that is subject to water damage.
- If the carpet or material has been dyed or bleached by the contents of the particular stain or spot (i.e., hair dye, wine, etc.), Folex carpet cleaner can remove the spot or stain, but it won’t change the color back to the original color. In cases such as this, it’s suggested that whenever possible, attend to these areas as quickly as possible after the spill occurs.
- While Folex has stated that the user’s finger can be used to mix the solution into the spot or stain, it has been suggested by some (who have used their fingers to do this) that the hands should be protected when using this product. As it was further explained, this isn’t suggested because the user experienced some harmful chemical reaction after using. Instead, the user praises this Folex product but said that the natural oils of the skin were removed, leaving the user with somewhat raw fingertips after using the solution over a lengthy period of time (the fingertips eventually returned to normal).
When researching customer reviews, approximately 90% were more than satisfied with Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover. In fact, to be totally honest, these customers raved about this product giving it sterling reviews resulting in testimonies such as there is no other cleaner out there that even compares to Folex carpet cleaner. Apparently, they’ve used the product on all kinds of stains on all types of materials and it magically removed the stains and the stains never returned. In other words, they are sworn Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover users for life (provided the Folex formula remains the same)!
However, in all fairness, the other 10% of the equation claimed that the product was useless and worthless. It did nothing for removing their spots or stains and it was even reported that some of the stains disappeared at first but returned hours later.
For some, it cleaned maybe 50% of the stain, and some reported they were unable to clean the stain or spot no matter what they did.
There were also problems with delivered good: lots of leaking leaving a mess to clean up and a lot less of the product in the container, and some received empty bottles with no Folex carpet cleaner inside at all.
So here we have a case where customers rate this product between excellent and completely useless with no in-betweens. Barring visiting each of the homes that used this product and found it worthless to see how they used the product, there’s no way to tell the exact reason why Folex carpet cleaner worked so well for such a large population of people, and so badly for the few.
Where to Buy
Folex carpet cleaner can be found in many of the home improvement stores (i.e., Home Depot, Lowes, etc.), and it also can be purchased online at these stores, as well as at Amazon.com.
Actual costs of each individual purchase depends on where it’s being purchased and what sizes are purchased.