- 1. Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter
- 2. Apex Ultra Pill Cutter
- 3. The Equadose Pill Splitter
- 4. Ezy Dose Ultra Fine Cut N’ Crush
- 5. Bexeen Patented Multifunction Pill Cutter
As if taking pills regularly was not bad enough, you sometimes have to cut the pills in half, or worse, in 3-4 pieces. In such cases, you realize smaller things are harder to cut than bigger things. Some pills have the tendency to run away, jump, or fly off, rather than being cut. If this is the case, you need something accurate and strong enough to cut these pills.
If you do not have much strength then you need a pill cutter that will require you to expend the minimum effort to cut a pill. Therefore, you need the best pill cutter to make your everyday life easier. Here is a review of five pill cutters that are worth buying, each with various qualities.
1. Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter
When you use something to cut regularly, you need a device that can take on the regular strain and still perform its best for a long while. The Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter does exactly this, with its durable and strong construction. It has a double-beveled stainless steel blade, which does wonders with the smaller pills. However, a few customers said that the blade is not placed centrally, so you may not get a perfectly halved pill.
But the good news is that it does not require a lot of strength to be used. Using it is simple and easy. The splitter is a bit small, so you might find it difficult to hold, though. You have to cut softer pills slowly for the best results. Keep these few tricks in mind and you will enjoy using this splitter for a long time as it is both durable and strong.
- Very durable with its optical-grade polycarbonate build
- Stainless steel blade is sharp and strong
- Quite precise at cutting
- The blade is not placed centrally
- Might seem a bit too small
2. Apex Ultra Pill Cutter
If you want accuracy and convenience, and both without much efforts, this is a pill cutter that can do wonders for you. You can cut any size of pill accurately in any size you want with this pill cutter, because first of all, it features pill grips that will not let your pill escape from the cutter. Secondly, the mechanism is really efficient and easy to use. This pill cutter even features finger grips so you can comfortably do what you need to do.
So, the design is amazing, but what about how it’s built. It is a lightweight pill cutter made of durable optical grade polycarbonate, and it will serve you for a long time. Moreover, it comes in a V-shaped holder with a retractable blade so that there is no chance of an accident when it is not in use. While the blade works amazing when it does function properly, it can also be very inefficient when it does not. According to a few customers, the cutter does not hold the pill right, which leads to the pill jumping off or getting crushed.
- Features pill grips that hold the pill in place
- Very accurate in cutting
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Cuts any size of pills accurately
- Durable and safe
- The design may not always be efficient which will cause problems in performance.
- May not cut the pill precisely
3. The Equadose Pill Splitter
Want a pill splitter that not only cuts your pills, but stores them when you are done cutting them? This Equadose pill splitter can do both—and well! It is made from solid aircraft aluminum which makes it really durable. Secondly, it has two blades that are angled, which allows the splitter to cut equally and precisely and keeps it safe for use.
You can cut pills of any size and shape with this splitter, thanks to its twin blade design. However, most people claimed that it is hard to split round pills with this splitter. In addition, a few customers complained that this splitter crushes the pills rather than cutting them. Equadose claims that this splitter is not for those who have poor eyesight, as the pills have to be centered by you. So, for accuracy, you need to have good eyesight, and this splitter will do the rest.
- The good twin-blade design makes it quite efficient.
- Durable and strong
- Acts as a storage compartment for pills when not in use
- Quite accurate
- According to a few, it crushes pills instead of cutting them.
- You have to place the pills accurately by hand.
4. Ezy Dose Ultra Fine Cut N’ Crush
This cutter and crusher are a complete solution for people who have trouble taking medicine. No matter where you are, you can carry four pills with you thanks to this cutter, which has a storage compartment. Moreover, it also features a drinking cup that will help you swallow the pills! Apart from that, it is, of course, both a cutter and a crusher. In fact, it crushes the pills really well and turns them into powder! You can even crush 3-4 small pills at a time. However, you might need some extra strength to do this.
While the blades stay sharp for a while, it does not cut very precisely. Otherwise, it is avery easy to use cutter and offers you solutions to a number of problems.
- A number of convenient features
- Acts as a container, cutter, crusher and drinking cup
- Crushes really well
- Easy to use
- Can crush a number of small pills at a time
- Not great for larger pills
- Does not cut precisely
- Hard to clean
5. Bexeen Patented Multifunction Pill Cutter
This is another cutter that will make your days easier with its storage compartment, cutter, and crusher. You can go anywhere carrying only this cutter with your pills stored in it. When it’s time to take the pills, you can crush or split them. In fact, it allows you to split or crush quite a lot of different pills, so you do not have to worry if it will do a good job with your pill or not. It crushes really well and with the least effort. You really do not have to put all your strength into crushing or cutting your pill with this cutter.
However, crushing the pills with harder covers might take more time. On the other hand, while it does cut pills well and fast, it does not always cut these pills evenly. The blades and the whole cutter are quite durable and safe for use, as it contains no harmful chemicals.
- Three-in-one- cutter, crusher and storage compartment
- Crushes really well
- Stores a day’s worth of pills
- Easy to use with its convenient design and does not require much strength
- Does not always cut evenly
- Pills with hard shells to be crushed need to be split first